Thursday, September 08, 2016

Legs in Cali and Transformation Victories

This week is a deload week for me, and it's the first time ever - in the history of ever - that I've visited San Diego and not went to Fit Athletic for a workout. Makes me a bit sad.

But more importantly, I'll get four trips to the Broken Yolk with Bedros Keuilian for breakfast. And each morning I've had:

4 eggs, over medium
side of spinach
bowl of pineapple

And then I had lunch with CTT's, Derek Wahler, Nisan Trotter, Shawna Kaminski, and Mikey Whitfield... although I didn't get to spend enough time with any of them yet.

Oh, and I did sneak in a workout today. After yesterday's Hotel Gym Upper Body Meathead session, I did legs today. But very simply.

1) 5 sets of 10 reps of forward lunges

Will I be sore tomorrow? I wonder... it wasn't easy, that's for sure.

Tomorrow is an off day... Or maybe arms and then Saturday is off. I head back to Denver around lunch on Saturday, and then I'll hit the gym on Sunday morning for deadlifts. I love weekend mornings in the Denver gym.

Now for a TT Contest update...

#TransformationVictories

Yesterday I said no to a protein bar with sucralose. (A new "Oh Yeah" brand bar that seemed on par with a Quest Bar <= poetry).

Yesterday I said no to caffeine and alcohol (not necessarily part of my transformation, but always part of my quest for nutritional purity).

The day before I bought some boxed water and a Brita water filter travel jug (which is ugly and requires you to drink out of a straw... so I think that $15 was totally wasted... odds of me using it are low.)

Oh well, you always have to be experimenting.

Today I said "No" to buying gum with artificial sweeteners.

And I skipped going to a restaurant tonight and just grabbed some food from the grocery store.

Tomorrow I'll say NO to Coke Zero, even though I'll be tempted.

It's all about accountability and commitment.

Hope that helps you stay on track.

Follow this in your transformation:
"If you want something you've never had, you must do something you've never done." – #truth ... Know what you must to do to succeed. Then do it. Otherwise, don’t complain about what you don’t have because you aren’t willing to do what it takes to get it.

And...

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
I'm lucky to have Bedros Keuilian, Matt Smith, and Joel Marion as mentors, friends, and most importantly, although, most uncomfortably, "No BS accountability partners." They don't let me away with anything. They hold me to a high standard. Sometimes it hurts, but I know they are always doing what is best for me. Open yourself up to the same mentoring and accountability.

Get open,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

No comments: