Tuesday, September 06, 2016

Deadlift and Heading Out of Denver

Today is a busy day, and I rushed through a workout. Well, I didn't rush through the warm-up or rest periods, but I did cut it short on sets and exercises.

Old Man Warm-up followed with...

1A) Deadlift - worked up to 315x6
1B) Mobility

(no jumps in today's workout)

2A) Front Squat
2B) Shrug

Then off to work. Later I fly to San Diego.

Now let's discuss TT Contest #27 for ol' CB!

Alright, my goals are "transformational in mind" in this, the 27th TT Contest.

For starters, I need to get back on track to overcome three bad nutrition habits that have been creeping back into my life.

1st - No more Coke Zero... or any forms of artificial sweeteners

They were everywhere in Rio, I tell ya, and in fancy gold cans, too. And I was running on less sleep than normal, so these lil' suckers snuck back into my life. Time to go off all aspartame and other junk. (Stevia is allowed.)

2nd - No more plastic water bottles.

There was just no way to avoid this in Rio. But since I've returned, I've only been using boxed water. But let's just get this in writing and public accountability so I don't get lazy on my seminar travels this fall.

3rd - No more Quest bars.

I'll go through phases of eating these, maybe 1 a day a few times per week... and while they aren't the worst thing in the world, some of them have artificial sweeteners (i.e. not Stevia), and they all have filler ingredients in them. So I'm done with these.

Ok, that's it for right now.

Of course I'll continue to train to get stronger and build more muscle. I'm at a solid 175 pounds now at 5'9", and getting stronger again, so the last transformation really helped.

Time to keep this going while reducing bad habits.

Back on the track I've always been tracking.

Join me in this contest.

Let's hear your plan.

And remember the power of Positive Social Support.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
“Be really careful who your friends are. Your friends should be better than you. Your friends should take you to new levels. A lot of people will just hang out with the same friends, and they don’t see that their friends are pulling them down. My mother used to tell me if you hang around with dogs, you become a dog. You’ve got to know when to find new friends.” – Ben Chestnut, CEO, Mailchimp.com

Great advice,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - Here's how to get better...

...at anything.

http://www.earlytorise.com/how-to-get-better-at-anything

No comments: