Saturday, April 30, 2016

Bill Phillips Dinner and Deadlifting


It's been a busy work week here in Denver, and with gloomy weather, too. I hope it's nicer back on the farm for ol' Bally the Pooch.

Yesterday I did a fun, but easy yoga session with Missi Holt and my friend, Joe Polish. Joe was in town for some consulting with me on his Perfect Day Formula plan for his life. After yoga, we got him dialed in, and then we met up with Bill Phillips for dinner. More about that in a second...

This morning, I put Joe through a workout:

1A) Pause Pushups
1B) Neutral Grip Pullups
1C) Goblet Squats

2A) DB Incline Press
2B) DB Chest Supported Row
2C) Ball Rollout
2D) DB Split Squat

And then had a big breakfast with him at the Four Seasons. I had my go to breakfast of 4 scrambled eggs, steamed spinach, and pineapple. This was followed with my own workout a few hours later:

1A) Kettlebell Swing
1B) Pushups

2A) Deadlift
2B) Dips

3A) Chin-up with Knee-up
3B) Goblet BGSS

Last night for dinner with Bill, Joe, and significant others, I had:

An octopus appetizer (eating well prepared octopous tentacles is like eating a small sausage), grass-fed steak, a baked potato (with olive oil), spinach, and brussel sprouts (that are really good, but leave me with a bit of heartburn and belching).

Hopefully you remember Bill Phillips from his book, Body For Life, and the supplement company EAS. His biceps tried to eat my book after dinner.


He's a really funny guy, and because he lives nearby, I'm hoping to work on a few projects with him.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
Plan ahead. Know your obstacles. Identify at least 2 solutions for each roadblock. For example, for your diet, do your shopping and cooking and meal prep on the weekends, so that during your busy week you have your meals ready…and you avoid vending-machine regret. For your workouts, always have one of my no-equipment short, burst circuits at the ready…for when you can’t get to your normal routine. You can succeed if you plan and prepare. No excuses. Let’s go!

Get your plan on and go,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

No comments: