Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Hemingway and Robbins and Paleo Ballantynes

Pre-workout caffeine today followed with a decent Front Squat workout at the local YMCA.

This morning I was up early to do a lot of writing for a new coaching program that Missi Holt and I are doing. It went well, perhaps inspired by all the Hemingway I've been reading lately.

Last night I read Hemingway's short story, Fifty Grand. It's the only Hemingway story I know that features a surprising plot twist, and it reminded me of the mind-benders in two favorite Stephen King short stories: The Mist and The Jaunt.

I think about The Jaunt from time to time. The plot, about the repercussions of teleportation, still messes with my mind, twenty years after first reading it. The movie, Shelter Island, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, does the same thing. What a wonderful achievement it would be to write something so thought-provoking.

Maybe people will still be thinking about a TT workout they did 20 years after the face. :)

My training today:

Everything was supersetted with mobility, b/c no exercise paired well with another...I had to move pullups to today.

1) Front Squat
2) Neutral-Grip Pause Pullups
3) DB Lunge

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Questions from Tony Robbins:
Every morning I answer one question from the motivational legend, Tony Robbins. I can't remember where I picked up this list (must have been from an online article).

  1. Who are you?
  2. What are you made of?
  3. What are you after?
  4. What's stopping you?
  5. What are your wounds?
  6. What are you proud of?
I like answering the last one the most!

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - One more thing...

I'll be speaking at PaleoFX this year in Austin...at a special session for trainers, nutritionists, and business owners. PS - No relation Dr. Sarah Ballantyne who is also on the agenda!

Health Entrepreneurs f(x) brings together leading health and wellness entrepreneurs for a full day of deep discussion on marketing, business development, and strategy on how to crush it at entrepreneurship.
paleofx.com


No comments: