Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Easy Day and This Time of Year

Today is an easy, CASS-Free day.

Started with reading, writing, and reviewing daily dox.

Then meditation.

Then a dog walk in the driving rain...but I like these walks. Why? Because it's the only hardship in my life. And I like coming inside and getting the wet clothes off and changing into dry clothes before I sit around for the rest of the day. It makes me feel like I've earned something. Not sure if I have, but that's how I feel! :)

Followed that up with 30 minutes of stretching, foam rolling, planks, and yoga-ish stuff. Then it was time for breakfast of a sweet breakfast bowl.

1 tablespoon coconut oil
3 ounces walnuts
1-2 tablespoons almond butter
2 teaspoons honey

Plus a couple of cups of decaf Green Tea in my cute lil' teacup that I bought in Istanbul, Turkey.

Had that while I read about the interesting first game of the world series.

Love this time of year...baseball playoffs, fall harvests, late sunrise, early sunset, cool temperatures, and Halloween!

Alright, off to work...

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
Classify your general work activities into the classic 4 quadrants:
#4 – Unimportant, but not urgent (waste);
#3 – Unimportant, urgent (interruptions);
#2 – Important, not urgent (planning);
#1 – Important, urgent (crisis).

Now look at past week...where did you spend your time and how can you improve this?

Plan your schedule and prepare your environment to overcome temptations and resist distraction.

Focus on the big levers in life that will move you ahead fastest,

Craig

PS – Forget about it when things go wrong (like Halloween)…

…It’s over. There’s nothing you can do about it. Focus on the future.

It’s OK if you get off track once in a while. It’s minor damage that can be dealt with.

Here’s the #TRUTH…

If one pound of fat is 3500 calories, you’d have to eat an extra 7 Big Mac’s to gain a pound. That’s an excessive amount of calories… so don’t worry, you didn’t overeat by 7 Big Macs over last weekend. You didn’t really gain a pound of fat.

Maybe you ate a little more, but it’s the salt and fluid retention that are showing up on the scale. Just get back on track today, drink extra water, avoid sugar, salt and trans-fats today, use my short, burst workouts, and that weight will WHOOOOOSH right off of you.

You’ll be back on track in no time.

No comments: