Friday, September 25, 2015

Squats again

Even though I just deadlifted 50 hours ago, I decided to squat today. A long work trip starts on Tuesday, and I can't be guaranteed of a chance to deadlift, so I want to get one more session in on Tuesday AM before my flight to Austin.

My low back was a little tired from Wednesday's training, so I used a narrow-stance and upright torso position. Worked up to 305x3.

Full workout in just 40 minutes:

1A) Speed Squat - 5x3 at light weight
1B) Mobility

2A) Squat
2B) Mobility

3A) High rep squat
3B) Leg curl

Tomorrow will be an upper body garage gym workout. Sunday will be a long walk. And then I'll either deadlift on Monday or Tuesday. Both are busy days and it will mean an earlier than normal training session, but I'll make it work one way or another.

On the nutrition and mini-challenge transformation side of things...

Pre-workout Zevia Cola today. Decent workout. Probably will have one tomorrow, or a Green Tea. It worked out well. Not too much caffeine, and delivered really great focus in the gym.

Also slept 8 hours last night, although I woke up a couple of times from noise. Dang dog! I think he was making a midnight snack at one point. LOL.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip
Spend extra time in introspection and BIG thinking today. Dream crazy dreams without limits. What's the one big experience you'd like to have by the end of the year? A physical transformation? A trip with an old friend? A special family experience? A meeting with a mentor? Identify exactly what it is and take the first step towards it today.

Take that step,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - Relax. Breathe in. And out. Now...

Want Less. Need Less. Tame your unhealthy desires. Give More. Love More. Never forget that your best memories in life were probably free and fun experiences with people that you loved that don't care a thing about how much money you have. Eat cheap, but healthy. Live cheap, but well. Appreciate the 'small' things that really matter. Family. Health. Friends. Experiences. And the easy life you live.

No comments: