Thursday, September 24, 2015

Deadlifts and Magic Days

The last two days have been 2X for me. That means they have been incredibly productive and even magical. I've had incredible energy, and I've been helping so many of my friends, business partners, and coaching clients to make BIG breakthroughs in their businesses.

Life is really, really good right now. It puts such a big smile on my face when I'm able to help someone out and make them see the path to success...to show them the "light", you might say.

I also had a great workout on Wednesday morning. It was a little later in the day than usual for me, right before lunch, and it worked out great. I might switch to this time more often

1A) Barbell Snatch
1B) Overhead Squat

2A) Trap Bar Deadlift
2B) Military Press

3A) Snatch Grip Deadlift
3B) Bike Intervals

Good times.

Tomorrow I'm doing some ab work and single-leg exercises.

Now about those abs...

There's an old saying, "Abs are made in the kitchen."

That's kind-of, sort-of true. Diet is the key to losing fat, for sure, but for getting sexy, ripped, hard abs, you have to do the right exercises.

Every trainer with ripped abs has their favorite exercise. For some, it's hanging leg raises. For me, it's Ab Wheel Rollouts (or stability ball rollouts). For others, it's Cable Ab Pulldowns (but always avoid rounding your back!).

Some meatheads like Sledgehammer Swings, while Kettlebell experts like Chris Lopez, CTT, believe the kettlebell swing is the one best more for your six-pack. My female clients either loved chin-ups with knee-ups or Cross-Body Mountain Climbers.

In Diet News...

Had caffeine yesterday. The ramification was not the best night of sleep. But on the bright side, I hit some personal bests in the Trap Bar Deadlift in my workout. You win some, you lose some.

Today is CASS-Free. Tomorrow will likely be pre-workout caffeine. I'm doing some single leg exercises that require extra focus and endurance.

But I'll try and hold out.

Also, still no alcohol for several weeks. Just no interest. It would keep me up or make me get up in the middle of the night anyways.

And of course, no plastic water bottles. I'm on a perfect roll with that. It will be a little more difficult when I head to Austin, Denver, and Las Vegas for a 15-day business trip starting next Tuesday.

But I will do it!

No excuses.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
"Discipline and freedom are not mutually exclusive but mutually dependent because otherwise, you'd sink into chaos." - Paulo Coelho

Paradox of Success: More Structure = More Freedom. The freedom you so desperately seek comes only from having more structure in your days.

Motivation comes from within. You must find a reason to achieve. You're here for a reason. Don't let your potential slip away.

Take action now,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

1 comment:

TheF4L said...

Your blog is very attractive and amazing to read.
We get so much information about personal trainings.
Personal trainer Glenview