Saturday, August 15, 2015

London Leg Day

Today I woke up in London. Early. Excited. It's going to be a fun weekend.



It started with an hour of quality writing. I'm very happy with what I produced. I can use that piece for several purposes.


Then it was on to meditation with the sunrise over the city.



And then up to the gym on the 52nd floor. It's not a bad place to do intervals...if that was today's workout...but it wasn't...instead:


1A) 8 sets of bulgarian split squats

1B) 4 sets of stability ball rollouts



But the gym was tiny and ill-equipped, so I'm not sure what I'll do for upper body on Sunday morning.



After that I made a trip to the nearby Borough Market in London. Next I'll do lots of walking around this massive city. A swim would have been okay, too, as you'll see below. 
Turbulence Training's photo.
Turbulence Training's photo.
Turbulence Training's photo.














As for my diet, I ate a lot of calories early in the day yesterday. So many that I didn't end up eating dinner. Here's why...

On Friday I was like a kid in a candy store.

Instead I was a grown man in the amazing Turkish airlines airport lounge that had a "nut bar" with bowls of pistachios, walnuts, almonds, cashews, and hazelnuts (and many other types of nuts that don't fit my diet, like almonds with spicy coating, etc.)

I ate way too many, washed down with a devilish Coke Zero. Oh well. Then I had a nice flight to Frankfurt followed by a short flight to London. I'll be here for a couple of days.

I'm staying in the tallest building in Europe, I believe, and they have a bar on the 52nd floor. That's the same floor as the gym. Amazing views.

I'll get back on track with CASS-Free days next week when I return home.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
Focusing in the early hours is vital to achieving your big goals and dreams and leaving a legacy in life. This is what I call Magic Time. Your Magic Time is where you can get three times as much work done as you would at any other time of the day. We all have our own Magic Time where we are more focused, energetic, and creative. For most people it is first thing in the morning.

Your job is to identify your Magic Time, to block it off and ruthlessly protect it from others, and to use it to your advantage. Leveraging this powerful opportunity is essential to making big progress every day.

Give it a try one day this week. Get up 15 minutes early and work on a big priority project in your life, such as figuring out your finances, taking time to practice meditation, squeezing in a 10-Minute Morning Metabolic Miracle from the MK program, or planning out a family event. I'll bet you will be shocked by how much you get done in just a quarter of an hour.

But...

No one will do the work for you. You cannot depend on anyone else. Your success starts and ends with you. Personal responsibility is #1. You cannot have self-doubt. Do not let self-limiting beliefs hold you back. Create your plan. Get support. Set a deadline. Crush it. Get up 15 minutes EARLY every morning and use that Magic Time to make BIG progress in your life.

Go time,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT



1 comment:

Aaron said...

Craig: Stop by London, ON on your way home and we can do a workout at Movati together. My treat!