Monday, May 11, 2015

Maximus Personal Best in Pushups

Saturday morning was the last workout for my recent 4-week program. That means this week is mostly bodyweight training and some future TT-program experimentation. That works out nicely because I have a couple of travel days this week.

Yesterday I flew from sunny San Diego to snowy Denver for Mother's Day. No workout. This morning I did an upper body hotel gym workout at the JW Marriott. The gym is nice, but not like the Austin JW Marriott. It has a cable stack with multi-grip pullup bars, cardio stuff, and dumbbells to 50 pounds. It also had the biggest fruit selection of any hotel gym I've used - bananas, apples, and oranges. Very nice, I like!

I did a bunch of exercises at moderate intensity, but managed to hit one personal best of 27 Maximus Pushups. These are 1 second down, 1 second pause at bottom, 1 second press up, and 1 second pause at top. So that was 108 seconds of pushups in one set. I did a total of 105 maximus pushups in the entire workout. Additional exercises included Pullups, Face Pulls, Cable Abs, 1-Arm Cable Chest Presses, and pressdowns.

Tomorrow morning is an early flight back to Toronto. I'll be there for 48 hours before heading down to NYC. And on Friday, a friend and I are running our annual "jog through Central Park". You can't go to NYC and not run through the park...we're going 40 minutes to celebrate our 40th birthdays.

It won't be until Sunday that I get back to the farm when I can settle into my morning routine again. Check my daily routine here:
=> http://www.earlytorise.com/my-daily-routine-for-2015/

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
Control what you can, cope with what you can't, and concentrate on what counts. Make the right decisions, right now, for the right outcome for your right life. Stay strong and push on towards your goals and towards making a better life for your family. You can do it. I believe in YOU.

Push on,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

No comments: