Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Sleepy Arms and Strong Squat

Simply awesome workout today even though I slept poorly last night. I woke up just after 1am with both arms 'asleep' from being in the face down, arms overhead position. I awkwardly had to rub my hands together to get feeling to come back to them. They felt like noodles with pins and needles!

That always scares me a little. I had an old college roommate that once slept 13 hours with his one arm pinned overhead. Yes, he was quite intoxicated the night before. It left him with a 'frozen shoulder' for weeks.

Anyways, after my morning writing, meditation, and dog walk, I had just the right amount of caffeine and food before my workout. It went like this:

1A) Squat
1B) Box Jump

225 Squat Max Reps - 13 deep reps, good stuff

2) Good Mornings (paired with upper body stretches)

3) Barbell Lunges (paired with lower body stretches)

1-minute stationary bike interval test - Level 19 = 27 calories burned, a new personal best (it's dependent on the bike ... hard to transfer between gyms or equipment brands)

Great times. Should have a solid sleep tonight.

Big news for fans of Jay Ferruggia.
He interviewed me for his Renegade podcast yesterday. It's part 1. We'll do a follow up at Fitness Business Summit in March. I don't know when it goes out, so until then, please listen to this. It's one of my top 3 interviews ever, this time I interview Todd Durkin about what's he bringing to the 2015 TT Summit in June
=> http://instantteleseminar.com/?eventid=64433721

I'm also 99% sure that Jay will be back at the TT Summit.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
Yes, there will be obstacles. No, it won't be easy. But the path to success IS simple.

We've seen it done before, all around us, by people of all shapes and sizes, ages and abilities. We all know someone, just like us, heck, even worse off than us with more obstacles in their way, with less support, surrounded by more negativity, who was somehow still able to rise up and beat everything in their way, to succeed, and to reach their big goals and dreams. If they could do it, so can we, so can you, so can I.

Let's start now. Let's lay it all on the line. Let's go for it - together. You can – and WILL – succeed. I believe in you.

So no matter where you are starting from … "Never forget, within every obstacle is an opportunity to improve our condition." – Zen proverb

Push on,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

No comments: