Saturday, February 07, 2015

Saturday Deadlifts and Streaks and Stories

I love a weekend deadlift or squat session. Usually I go on Sunday mornings when there are even fewer people in the gym, but today I hit a mid-Saturday morning challenge deadlift workout. The weight room was a little busy at first, but the beauty of a deadlift session is that you can do it anywhere and don't need a bench or rack.

1A) Deadlift (week 2 of 5-3-1 program)
1B) Box Jump
1C) Military Press (week 2 of 5-3-1 program)

2) Challenge Set: Trap Bar Deadlift - 225x22 reps (beat old record of 21)

3A) Good Morning
3B) Overhead Squat

Followed by 5 minutes of 'Craig Yoga'...basic D-Dogs and Warrior Poses.

While I was doing that, we were running our first sessions at our brand new Turbulence Training-Fit Body Bootcamp in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina!

=> https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mt-Pleasant-Fit-Body-Boot-Camp/1578718812357358

Spread the word. Thank you!

Streaking Update

It's nice to be home, to see Bally the Dog, to train at the local YMCA, to do a garage gym workout, and to pick up Bally poop at 6:30am in the cold, frozen darkness of Southern Ontario.

1) Write 3000 words per day

I planned and prepared well for this morning's writing session, putting together a couple of great emails, some segments for the book, and an interview outline for my coaching clients that will serve us well. I'm a little disappointed I hadn't thought of this system before...oh well, time to implement it and spread the TT word even faster.

2) No Post Dinner Binge Eating

Not only did have I been strong here, but I haven't overeaten at dinner for the past few nights, either. When I do, I get bloated and it probably doesn't help me sleep well. But I've 'ate like a normal person' the past few days and I've slept like a champ. I'm on a very good routine, and that will be a big bonus for point 5 below.

3) 1 Drink Maximum

No alcohol since Monday, but I might have one with friends tonight.

4) No Outbursts or Snarkiness

I won a nice victory here. Well, a few victories. First, I had to get new passport photos and renew my passport, all while walking around Toronto in nice dress shoes and just a sweater - because I was ill prepared for the weather after being in Florida for 2 weeks. My mistake. I had to suck it up, but I was polite and patient in all interactions.

Second, there was a mess-up in my car rental in Toronto. Ultimately, it was no one's fault but my own. I caught myself before I could raise my voice. Everything turned out fine (as it always does).

Third, after a drive back to the farm, I avoided a confrontation with a family member when I was tired and hungry. Again, mindfulness helped. I knew that, like the Snickers commercials show, I wasn't being myself because I was hungry. I had a little snack, some water, and avoided all outbursts and snarkiness. I really want to keep this streak going, and thanks to YOU, I am! You'll go in my gratitude journal tonight.

5) Healthy Gut Days

Dinner was on point last night, so was breakfast this morning (my order of coconut paleo bread showed up just before I arrived home...making for some nice breakfast sandwiches).

Dinner included a lot of brussel sprouts, and if you've read anything about FODMAP foods, these can be problematic. But I didn't notice any bloating from them, and my portion size wasn't problematic.

***
Overall, the week was a rollercoaster, with a great SuperBowl Sunday, a bad Groundhog Day Monday, and then a very smooth week despite some trials and tribulations along the way.

Time to finish the day strong.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
Every time you lose, you win. You learn the temptations & obstacles to avoid. You discover what doesn't work so that you don't repeat the mistake in the future. Stay strong and push on.

And before we go, I have 2 questions for you...

1) Where do you want to be in life?
2) Why are you not there?

... Spend 15 minutes in reflection & Identify opportunities.

Focus on the good,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT

PS - There are also...

...some incredible stories being told on my favorite Facebook page
-

That's the power of a sharable story in an easy-to-share format. Brandon Stanton is one person I would like to meet. He's doing great work.

No comments: