Monday, July 14, 2014

The Workout The Garden The Mission

It is an off-week, or deload week, for me.

Yesterday I practiced some lower body moves for Bodyweight Bodybuilding #3. Today I played around with more band training. The TT Client of the Year 2014, my best friend J-Roc, is loving the pumps from the bands that he's getting in the latest meathead workout.

My training today was done in a weird order but purpose was to keep it light:

1A) DB-Band chest fly
1B) DB-Band rear-delt raise

2A) DB Incline press
2B) DB CSR

3A) Close-Grip Pushup
3B) DB Shrug

4) DB Row - going back and forth between arms with no rest

The garden is delivering a bounty of spinach for today's blender drink:
- 8oz water
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 scoop paleo protein powder (vanilla)
- Athletic Greens
- fresh spinach
- frozen cherries



Turbulence Training's photo.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:

Two young men taught me to:
• Accept Life's Challenges.
• To stand up and do what is right.
• To always be learning, growing & improving.
• To BE-come the person I need to BE-come to OVER-come the obstacles in life.
• To stay strong and never, EVER give up on what is important.

I encourage you to apply these lessons to your life as well, and please watch me honor these 2 young men here:

http://youtu.be/_HKnnId6y7A

Have a STRONG week!


Craig Ballantyne, MCTT

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Craig,
I see you are using 5/3/1 with your TT principles. I have TT and HWR and have used your programs (doing adventure race now)for some time and lost a bunch of weight. Now I want to get stronger and use 5/3/1 as well. I am planning on upping calories and going 3-4 days per week. Do you have a formal plan to combine 5/3/1 with TT? If not, would you consider making one or assisting me with principles to get strong and a little bigger while preserving the fat loss? I can do HWR on off day once or twice a week, but how to use 5/3/1 with TT principles on lifting days?
Thanks!