Monday, December 02, 2013

Back to Denver and the Squat Rack

Time to head back to America after a wonderful weekend wedding celebration here in Mexico. The weather was perfect and the company was even better. It was great to see John & Neghar Romaniello, Joel Marion, Isabel De Los Rios, and of course, the new and improved Mr. & Mrs. Mike Geary.

The ceremony was fantastic and the party even better. The food at the resort was tremendous, with every meal featuring fresh mahi-mahi or sea bass with vegetables and fresh fruit for breakfast in the morning.

My workouts were low-key, as I stuck to short bodyweight warm-ups and workouts in the morning. I'll start back in the gym with heavy lifting on Tuesday morning in Denver, and the month of December will allow me to finish one more strength cycle.

I'll admit, I've played around with programs a little too much this year. In January I'll return to what I know works, and get focused to get stronger. I did improve my squat and bench press significantly this year, but the deadlift has a long way to go.

I will also need to cut back on the amount of workout filming that I do so that it doesn't interfere with my real training. That shouldn't be a problem as the Home Workout Revolution and Turbulence Training programs are complete. That said, we just added a few new 4-Minute workouts to the website at www.HomeWorkoutRevolution.com. Get them all there.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
Don't be satisfied with the norm if you want more. It's okay to want to achieve special results. The world needs folks who dream and achieve big things.

Think big. Expand your network. Hang around other big thinkers and positive people that support your dreams. Get outside of your comfort zone.

"A good man lives in harmony with himself – he neither seeks nor needs external approval." – Chin-Ning Chu

"Often we are so concerned with what makes us feel good that we forget what makes us great. Understanding how to surmount pain, doubt, and failure is an important aspect of the game of winning at life." – Chin-Ning Chu

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

No comments: