Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Challenge workout and diet rant plus video

I just sent Men’s Health a few new challenges.

Here’s the bodyweight workout they rejected (because I gave them another better one).

Give this a try. Do these tough exercises to the max and record your score (my scores are listed).

The Bodyweight Max Challenge

- Start with a full-body warm-up.
- Do not rest between exercises.
- Do the maximum number of reps or time for each exercise with proper form.

1) Pull-ups – 15 reps
2) Wall Squat Hold ­- 120 seconds
3) Push-up ­- 53 reps
4) Bodyweight Row ­- 25 reps
5) Mountain Climber ­- 25 reps/side

If you want every workout I ever create for life, check this out:
- https://www.securepublications.com/tt/tt-life.php

Then I had a little rant over on my Facebook page. Someone, a woman, oddviously (<= not a real word), asked how taking the birth control changed fat loss. My reply:

Anyone who tells you it does is full of mumbo jumbo...the answer is still, "Work really hard, be ready to make sacrifices, stick to 90% diet compliance, plan and prepare better, get social support, get an accountability partner, give yourself an incentive, and set The Deadline".

That reminds me of another classic "Diet vs. Exercise"...this time @bradpilon announces the burger vs stairmaster battle
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rULrxuiqU2I

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
We reside in our comfort zones because we let our little limitations & laziness block our BIG SELF from shining through. Find the reason inside of you that makes you really want to change. The only motivation that works is internal motivation. What’s stopping you? Don’t let it be your excuses. Dedicate yourself to change. Dedicate yourself to success. Dedicate yourself to action.

Push on my friend,

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

PS - One of my favorite books of the year...

...Daily Rituals by Mason Currey, uncovers the quirks that drove forward some of the most inspiring and inspired minds (such as Ben Franklin's "air bath" routine). Click here for more on The Importance of Daily Rituals
- http://send.earlytorise.com/DailyRituals

No comments: