Thursday, February 21, 2013

Future of Training by Alwyn Cosgrove

Yesterday morning on my Facebook page, reader Craig Hexham asked a great question.

He wrote, "I'm generally satisfied with my results as a sixty-one year old male with twelve extra pounds (Having lost fourteen in the last four months). Is there a particular reason (ie, benefit) why I should add suspension training?"

The answer is a big YES.
 
In fact, late last year I had a game-changing interview with Alwyn Cosgrove, one of the world's most successful and popular trainers, and here's what he had to say about using Suspension Training (with a TRX or Jungle Gym):
 
"Those guys single-handedly eliminated the stability ball from most gyms because there's nothing that you can't do better on a TRX than you were doing on a stability ball. It's so versatile and it's alive. Every rep is a slight adjustment and tweak. It becomes asymmetrical in nature with the loading. It's the future of strength training."
 
Wow, that's a SERIOUS endorsement of Suspension exercises from a man that has been training people since the late 80's, and who has co-authored five books on the New Rules of Lifting, and who has the most successful gym in North America.
 
When Cosgrove speaks, the entire Fitness Industry listens.
 
Alwyn (simply pronounced, "Allan") went on to say:
 
"If I give you a set of dumbbell presses, Craig, with 50 pounds, there's a fatigue. Maybe you do nine or ten, and you can't do any more.
 
"But I can do a TRX chest press or TRX push up, which is a similar exercise. It's the same muscles. I get more muscles involved because of the selection, but I when I hit fatigue I can move my feet, use them as a mechanical drop set, and extend time under tension.
 
"It's something where we can adjust the load in real time. I could do a drop set with dumbbells and hand you smaller weights, but Suspension Training is better...because it is the equivalent of going from a 50 pound dumbbell, where you can't lift anymore, to a 49 pound dumbbell where you just about lift it, and I can keep tweaking it in real time.
 
"Suspension Training is a huge tool in our training."
 
But here's what's funny. Before he used Suspension Training for the first time, Alwyn was hoping that it wouldn't work. Then he tried it, and was hooked (just like YOU will be).
 
"Craig," Alwyn said in his Scottish accent that makes my name sounds like Creeeeg, "I hoped that I could say that Suspension Training was a gimmick and that I wasn't going to use it. Then I started using Suspension exercises, and it was so good that I had no option but to rewrite some of my philosophies because this tool was so powerful."
 
Wow.
 
The Future of Training.
 
Changed an Expert's training philosophy.
 
So why aren't you using Suspension Training?
 
 
Join the training revolution and change your body fast,
 
Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer
 
PS - Alwyn's last comment to me about Suspension Training...
 
"As a trainer, you have to bring it in to your facility. I can't imagine not having it."
 
Get all the exercises and workouts you need here:
 
www.SuspensionRevolution.com <= Sale ends TONIGHT
 
Bring the energy to Suspension Training and change your body fast.

No comments: