Saturday, February 02, 2013

Dairy Free with Ferruggia

Today was a late fast. And probably my last one since I'm losing too much weight with the 16-8 approach. I just don't eat enough during the 8 hours.

After a lengthy delay waiting for Adam Bornstein to get out of bed (to be fair to him, he shifted from PST to EST), Adam, Ferruggia, and I drove to Tampa's Powerhouse Gym for a workout. We did a meathead wokrout of hammer strength back machines and rows and yes, even some curls.

Powerhouse Gym in Tampa is an epic meat market. Lots of very fit guys and gals, and a LOT of guys and gals on steroids.

I make no judgement, just describing how it is. Their body, their choice.

It was all very entertaining and some of the training routines we witnessed got me thinking about the best amount of training volume...and how that goes out the door when you are on supplemental testosterone.

I would be in the hospital from some of the workouts we saw women doing (literally 20 sets of leg presses...insane).

After training I broke the fast with an apple, and then finally a lunch of tuna tartar and a cobb salad (no egg, no cheese, no dressing) and then a few ounces of raw and roasted almonds - and my daily Athletic Greens.

One downer of the no-dairy diet was not being able to order a chocolate-banana shake at powerhouse gym after training. They did not have any other protein powders.

Now we're off to a big dinner at one of those Brazilian steakhouses where they bring you 31 different kinds of meat.

However, I get heartburn if I eat too much meat, so I won't be going overboard like I have in the past at these types of places.

Have a great night and I'll be back with a dairy-free, gluten-free Superbowl update tomorrow or Monday.

No comments: