Monday, February 11, 2013

Bench and Pullup Challenge

I'll admit, I don't like benching on Monday, because that is way too old school and stereotypical. But that's how my schedule came together this week.

But I hit a great workout, somewhat motivated by this classic quote. You gotta love it.

"The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total b******. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." - Henry Rollins

My #meathead training today: Bench, row, pullups, dips, 1-arm row. Good times.

How many pullups can you do in 8 minutes? I can do 53. Don't go to failure on your first sets.

My 53 goes like this: 2x5, 1x4,9x3,7x2, & 1

Todays' Training Resource:

The long-awaited 2012 TT Report Card
- http://www.ttfatloss.com/2012-tt-workout-report-card/

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
“Life is not a dress rehearsal." ... so if you want something, get up and get after it now. We're not getting any younger!

“Nothing wins more often than superior preparation. Genius is usually preparation.” – Kekich Credo #73

"Habits are first cobwebs, then cables." - Spanish Proverb

Stay strong and get stronger!

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

PS - Biz tip of the day:

“Research has consistently shown that a company's investment in learning -- for their executives, managers and front-line employees -- is the most powerful predictor of their ability to outperform their competitors.” – Laurie Bassi, Author, Good Company

Make everyone around you better. <= Fastest way to win.

No comments: