Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Taking Kenny Rogers Training Advice Today

I was tempted to hit an extra, but unnecessary workout today. With all the cool programs we've been designing for our new follow-along videos, you just want to go and try them out.

BUT, that's where the Kenny Rogers workout philosophy comes into play.

You see, I've been working out for over 20 years, and amazingly, it had to take almost 20 years of training to figure out how NOT to hurt myself.

But I have Kenny Rogers, the country singer, to thank for my new no-injury ways.

You see, this year I've been following his advice (sing it with me):

"You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away, know when to run."

Following that advice, I now quit while I'm ahead.

I don't go in for that extra workout.

I don't do that extra set.

I don't push to failure.

I train smart.

I stop after a great set.

I take that day off.

You must too.

That said, if it's Training Day, then you must train hard but safe but hard.

"To get something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done." #TakeActionToday

Here's some great feedback on my classic www.TurbulenceTraining.com program:

"I started with intermediate tt and have worked to last week of tt2k4 now looking forward to tt2k5 next week. Been gaining around 3 pounds of muscle a month and losing 3 to 5 pounds of fat since beginning. I love it." - Matt Cox, over on www.TurbulenceTrainingFanpage.com

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
If you are waiting for a sign, this is it. I give you permission to take action today. Just start. 5 minutes today. Whatever it is you are trying to improve, give it 5 minutes each day this week. Next week,10 minutes. You can do it. What are you afraid of?

“Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking, and don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart,…you’ll know when you find it.” — Steve Jobs

Identify the distractions, eliminate them, schedule your day to avoid them, and have 2 solutions for every obstacle. Then identify your magic time and ruthlessly protect it. More info here
- http://www.earlytorise.com/identify-the-magic-time-to-get-more-done/

And get more done in less time
- http://www.earlytorise.com/time-saving-secrets-for-busy-people/

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

PS - Spend more time with people that destroy your comfort zone. Seek out these people. Get them to challenge you. And you will grow.

No comments: