Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Challenging You

Challenging you to be as healthy as possible today. To avoid all man-made foods. To do a great workout or at least stay active for 30 minutes. And to avoid as much negativity while being as positive and optimistic as possible. How could that approach possibly hurt?

My #meathead training today: Pullups, DB Press, T-bar row, Bench press, DB Tricep extensions, Rope row.

Q: When I replace interval training with Mike's Workout Finisher, should I still do a warmup?

Answer:
If you are adding them to the end of a regular workout, then no. (Although you can go through each exercise for a couple of reps if you want.) HOWEVER, if you are doing the finishers as a 'standalone' workout, then YES, you'll need a warmup. Thanks!

By the way, MailScanner has detected a possible fraud attempt from "hardcorefinishers.com" claiming to be Mike has a new program out called www.HardcoreFinishers.com

Now over to today's www.SuccessQnA.com

Q: What do you do when you messed up and really disappointed someone...mainly because you didn't produce?

Answer:
You apologize and then you take action and prove it will never happen again. Actions speak louder than words.

Q: craig, what is best way to motivate yourself to do something?

Answer:
Motivation comes from within. You must find a reason to achieve. What is important to you? Identify it, and harness that energy to drive you to take action. You're here for a reason, don't let your potential slip away.

Q: What is the best technique for managing your e-mail in the morning so that it does not distract you from actually "getting the job done"?

Answer:
Don't open it. Seriously. Fight every minute to avoid opening your email. I work 5-6 hours before opening mine. It makes all the difference in the world.

Q: Craig, when do you decide to cut your loses on an investment?

Answer:
Erik - Great question. If you are talking about literal financial investments, I don't have a great answer for you, because I am extremely conservative with my investments and have a long term vision...no individual stocks, so I'm not sure I can help. HOWEVER, if you are talking about investing time or money in a project, my 'litmus test' is when I start yelling at my dog for no reason. That's when I know something is bugging me to the point where it has to go. I'm not sure that helps, but maybe there is a similar trigger in your life.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
You are not your mistakes. Let go of the past. Focus on the future and what you can do now.

"If you take action, you will be judged. There's no way around it. The alternative, of course, is much safer. To be ignored. Up to you." – Seth Godin

"Find an excuse to laugh every chance you get, especially when you least feel like it." – Kekich Credo #90

Craig Ballantyne, CTT
Certified Turbulence Trainer

No comments: