Friday, January 13, 2012

Vegas Gyms and Fitness QnA

Mike Whitfield from www.facebook.com/workoutfinishers and i are working on the new TT MRT Bootcamps program and that is one technique we'll be using.

Try an Ascending-Descending pyramid with two metabolic exercises as workout finisher...Kettlebell swings or snatches supersetted with a tough pushup. Start with 1 rep per exercise and alternate back and forth working up to 10 reps per exercise and then count back down to 1 rep per exercise.

Today's best Q's from www.TurbulenceTrainingFanpage.com QnA:

Q: Hey Craig I had a question about back exercises, specifically Inverted Rows and Pullups. I am doing DB rows as an alternative. Are there any other efficient back workouts that would help without the need of a bar?

Answer:
Anthony - check out my video here, 826000 view
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgUsXA4JX0w

Q: Craig- primary goal is to lose fat- lots to lose. I'd prefer having a program that is every day- keeps me on track better. Which program do you recommend? I'll be registering for the contest today!

Answer:
David - there is a program from September 2011 called "Super 6's". It's 6 days per week. Get it at www.turbulencetraining.com/workouts. Or use the 24-7 program from www.247fatloss.com that is 5 days per week.

Q: Tough mudder...anyone do it? Need workout for it.

Answer:
Steve - Very common goal this year...I know Men's health was asking around for experts on this, so expect some advice in the magazine soon. In the meantime, check the old' Google and see if you find some good info. Let me know, thanks.

Q: What are your thoughts on 'zone training' for weight loss? This is pushed pretty hard by gyms.

Answer:
Scott - If you are talking about the cardio fat burning zone, I think it's a joke. Check out my free interval/cardio report here -
http://www.TurbulenceTraining.com/intervalreport

Q: Best gym in Vegas?

Answer:
For lifting, Palazzo. For TT Fat Loss style training, Aria. I have a list of my top 7 gyms in Vegas for each on this blog post (scroll down) -
http://www.ttfatloss.com/workouts/gyms-in-vegas/

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
Success is coming. I know it is, and I believe in you, so don't give up. Kekich Credo #76, says, "I will do this" is the only attitude that works. "I'll try" or "I think" doesn't work. Today is the deadline to start the TT Transformation Contest for the full 12-weeks. This is your chance to change -
http://www.transformationcontest.com/

Add value to someone's life today. Not only will it help others, but this truly is the best thing that you can do for yourself.

Most of your problems can be solved faster, easier, and with less hassle and fewer resources than you think. It all starts with your network…don't be afraid to ask for help.

Running a Mastermind meeting this weekend in Vegas, and as a coach, this has been my best 'performance' yet. I've been able to better communicate the most effective ways to get started fast...some group members had some real big breakthroughs today. Best meeting yet.

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Certified Turbulence Trainer

The secret of success is to know something nobody else knows. – Aristotle Onassis

No comments: