Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Las Vegas Update 1

My first stop in Vegas...Walmart for groceries of course to buy all the stuff that US customs wouldn't let me bring from Canada. Well, not ALL the stuff. But as much as possible. Thanks to my French-German former Brazilian nightclub singer turned cabbie for waiting for me and not driving off with my bags. Thats it, hopefully tomorrow the trip gets a little more interesting when ol' Roman hits town.

(On the flight down I watched "Saving Private Ryan". In hindsight, that wasn't the best bedtime story, even though I love that movie.)

At 6:30am I was up and in the gym at Mandalay Bay for some pulldowns, db rows, and seated rows. DB's up to 75 pounds for presses and high rep rows. Was able
to do face pulls and pulldowns too. Might head to Golds for a squat workout tomorrow.

No heavy pressing was done because I'm letting my shoulder heal up after hurting it during a stupid pushup contest. That has set my bench press goals back by at least 8 weeks. Stupid, stupid Craig. Oh well, many lessons have been learned.

More Stupid Craig…he did not read the almond butter label last night at the Las Vegas Walmart and now Smart Craig just ate sugar-added almond butter. Whoops.

Today's Training Resources:
Wicked abdominal exercise substitution list
- http://www.ttfatloss.com/abdominal-exercises/exercises/

How to have more energy
- http://www.earlytorise.com/2012/01/11/hours-to-your-day/

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tips:
Never let life get in the way of your progress. Accept the sacrifices and just do it.

We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once. – Calvin Coolidge

I just want you to focus on being a little bit better than yesterday. Now do that EVERY day for the rest of the year.

If you set up your life for maximum productivity you are going to annoy and upset others…but you will get more done and you will achieve more of your goals.

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Certified Turbulence Trainer

PS - Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. – Confucius

No comments: