Monday, June 06, 2011

Deload Intro Week

I really like Jim Wendler's 5-3-1 Workouts, but I must admit that I change one thing about them. Instead of doing a deload week in the 4th week of the program, I move that easy week to the start of each new program.

That way, I spend a week at an easy intensity getting used to the next round of exercises. Either way you do it, Jim's book is awesome for getting stronger. So simple, yet the guy obviously knows what he is talking about, since he has squatted 1000 pounds. That's 2.5 times more than I have ever squatted.

So for me, this is an intro week. I did an intro squat session on Saturday, and an intro bench session today. Wednesday will be an intro deadlift, and then Friday will be an intro military press workout.

There are some elements of Jim's 5-3-1 influence in my new TT Meatheads Lucky #7 program that TT members are currently using - and loving.

Here's what Daniel Woodrum, a Certified Turbulence Trainer said about the new program:

"Workout A in the new Meathead Lucky #7 program is awesome. It might be the toughest lower body workout I've gone through. Strangely enough I actually enjoyed the workout :)"

Today's Kickbutt Mindset Tip:
"Act as if you have no limits to your abilities." – Dan Pena

Today's Independence Tip:

Last night I started reading a book called, "Beyond Wealth", by Alexander Green, of the Oxford Investment Club. It's a series of short, fantastic essays on living your life right. In the book, he mentioned this quote:

"Where your talents and the needs of the world cross, there lies your vocation." - Aristotle

I think that is an incredible quote for anyone struggling to find their niche market and higher calling in life. Powerful.

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Turbulence Training Certification

No comments: