Thursday, May 26, 2011

Experimental Workouts

Another experimental workout is in my record books..I went through 10 sets of 10 front squats this
morning. And I paired the front squats with kneeling strap extensions using my Jungle Gym XT
trainer.

(Kneeling strap extensions are a movement like stability ball rollouts.)

It was a great workout...had to be, because I'm in depletion mode for summer. It's sexy body time,
and like me, I hope you'll have no regrets when you hit the beach this summer.

Now for a workout challenge.

I call this the 10-Minute Calorie Challenge:

Pick a machine, do a warmup, reset the timer, then go all out with "30 second on-30 second off"
intervals. Record # of calories you burn in 10 min. Post your score and machine used here. I've hit
183 calories on the treadmill but only 151 calories on a stationary bike...even though the bike
workout felt 35% harder.

Stop by the Turbulence Training Facebook page and let me know your scores.

Today's Kickbutt Mindset tip
Authenticity rules. Don't try to be someone you're not. Right, Bruce? - "Always be yourself, express
yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it."
- Bruce Lee...Right.

Today's Independence Tip:

When you own your business, you want to make sure that you, ‎"Don't trade time for dollars. Leverage
your business with systems to make money even while you're on vacation. If you don't have a website
that can be found on search engines - get one. Get multiple income streams to give you the freedom
and life you want." - Bedros Keuilian.

Start here:

http://www.internetindependence.com/100k-in-12-months-part-1

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Certified Turbulence Trainer

No comments: