Saturday, March 12, 2011

Tampa Bay Readers

My friend Joel Marion is giving away 1000 copies of Tim Ferriss' "4-Hour Body" book at PowerHouse Gym in TAMPA today and tomorrow.

The address is 1120 East Kennedy Blvd. Powerhouse is also giving everyone who stops in a free 1 month pass. If you're not familiar with Downtown Powerhouse, it's by far the best gym in the STATE of Florida. I love training there. A win-win-win for you.

I moved my Sunday workout to Saturday:

1) Squat
2A) Good Mornings
2B) Stability Ball Plank.

Today's Training SWITCH - Think QUALITY over QUANTITY.

I watched a woman do three crappy sets of overhead lunges (holding the bar with bent arms and in improper position) followed by high rep, low quality jumps. Who knows where she got this idea...but she would be better off with ONE quality set than 3 crappy sets.

This week's TT Fat Loss call features new research on post-exercise calorie burn, plus my thoughts on protein intake and some training switch tips:

=> Post Exercise Metabolism Research

Stay tough,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS

No comments: