Friday, December 31, 2010

Best Fat Burning Workout System for 2011

I started working out in my parent's basement with a York Universal set back in 1992. And then I started buying all the muscle mags.

But...

In the 1980's and 90's, fitness magazines published fat loss workouts that recommended isolation exercises, like the leg extension machine and the chest-fly machine as being best for sculpting your body.

But we've come a long way since then...

Today I want to show you how to choose the best fat loss exercises, and even the right exercise order, to get the most fat burning and body-sculpting in the least amount of time.

Let's start with some simple rules on how to pick the exercises.

1. Exercises should always work multiple muscle groups.
2. Exercises should be done standing, whenever possible.
3. Exercises should be effective for fat loss even if only the bodyweight version is used (i.e. squats).
4. The hardest (most intense) exercises should always be first in your workout.

Now before I explain the rules in detail, let's cover your warm-up.

Every Turbulence Training workout starts with a general bodyweight exercise warm-up. I don't like the traditional 5-minute cardio warm-up because it is a waste of time for 95% of people.

The purpose of the warm-up is to specifically prepare your muscles for action. Walking on a treadmill for 5 minutes does little in terms of preparing your body for resistance training. Therefore, we start every workout with a total body circuit.

When putting together total-body workouts and warm-ups, we focus on the 4 "metabolic hot zones" of the body. These hot zones are:

a) Back of Legs
b) Upper Back
c) Chest
d) Abdominals/Torso

Why do I only worry about the back of legs? Because almost all multi-joint movements that train the back of the legs will also stress the quadriceps, even if only in a static contraction.

So use this Hot Zone warm-up in place of the treadmill:

A) Y-Squat (put hands over your head in a "Y" formation) - 15 reps
B) Close-grip Push-ups (kneeling or advanced) - 8 reps
C) Stick-up - 8 reps

Ok, now we are ready to move on to the main workout.

As stated in the workout rules, we must pick our hardest, most intense exercises first, and perform them in sets of low reps.

Here's a Turbulence Training bodyweight-only, body-sculpting workout routine designed to show you the correct exercise order, and the types of exercise that are best for changing your body.

And this system is for men AND women.

In fact, I used this exact workout with one of my high-profile movie stars recently. She needed to keep her body sculpted without bulking up. But she also needed to be strong, lean, and athletic for her fight scenes.

1A) Split Squat (8 reps) [Advanced: Use the Bulgarian Split Squat]
1B) Elevated Push-up (8 reps per side) [Beginner: Use kneeling push-ups)
2A) Step-up (12 reps)
2B) Bodyweight Row (8 reps) (Beginners do with knees bent)
3A) Stability Ball Jackknife (15 reps) (Beginners do Mountain Climbers)
3B) Back Extension (15 reps) (Replace with DB row if necessary)

Each superset (i.e. 1A & 1B) is done 3 times with no rest between exercises A and B, but with a 30-60 second rest after B, and then you repeat the superset.

As you can see, each exercise uses multiple muscle groups, so that more calories will be burned during and after exercise.

We also design each superset to use two intense, non-competing exercises. We use lower reps than most people use on their own. And we train for strength at the start of the workout when we are fresh.

Now you're probably wondering what I mean by non-competing supersets.

That means you should be able to perform the two exercises back to back with minimal fatiguing effects from the prior exercise. You have to pair exercises that don't use the same muscle groups.

The rules of exercise selection and exercise order will allow you to get lean, boost your metabolism, and to train with a high-intensity throughout the entire workout.

So when I put the exercises together, it is all about putting them in the right order to get you lean.

Following the resistance training portion of the workout, you'll complete the workout with fat burning Interval Training.

Interval training wasn't as popular in 1996 when I first started using it with my clients, but now every smart trainer uses it in their fat loss programs.

And that's how you do a perfect fat burning Turbulence Training workout with the best fat loss exercises.

Click here to get the complete Turbulence Training for Fat Loss System:

=>
Turbulence Training

Fat burning exercises sculpt a better body faster,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Creator, Turbulence Training

P.S. You've asked, "Is Turbulence Training for men AND women?"

I'll let TT clients answer...

"Wow! I have been a Certified Personal Trainer for 7 years and I have not seen any other program that works as quickly or effectively. Within 3-4 weeks of doing the Turbulence Training program, I lost the last 8 pounds, and am now happy to be at my pre-pregnancy weight- and stronger than I was before."
Annette Allen

Click here to get your Turbulence Training workouts:

=> Turbulence Training

"Craig, I have finished my first official month of Turbulence Training yesterday and can't tell you how impressed I am with the results. I am down 7 pounds and 6.5 inches! I am wearing a shirt for the first time that I got for Christmas last year, it never fit before. I can't believe I feel this good."
Josh Manley


2 comments:

Melissa said...

Hi Craig,

I really enjoy your posts and the information you provide. For years I suffered through eating disorders and over exercising. For the first
time in my life I am back to eating normally, after previously cutting out nearly every food group. Now I eat from every food group and I am no longer afraid of fat (the right kinds).

One of the key things for me has been learning not to feel guilty if I don't work out for two or more hours every day. I used to think if I only exercised for 30 minutes, it wasn't good enough. So I have
started working out harder, but for a shorter amount of time. I never would have believed I could eat well and exercise less and still be fit and lose weight.

Every second day I do this workout - can you suggest any improvements? 1 minute of santana pushups (right side), 1 minute of burpees, 1 minute of sanatana pushups (left side) one minute of jump lunges. repeat this three times, no rest between sets.

for cardio I run one minute at 8.5km/hr, one minute at 13km/hr, repeat six times. i do this workout every other day, and have one or two days a week as rest days.

Does this sound like a good workout to you? It pushes me really hard and I've seen more results than I ever did with hours of cardio, but would like to know how I can maximise my results further.

Thanks for your blog!

Terry Bayer said...

I'm an athletic person and I'm always get excited to try any exercise, especially Turbulance training. That's why I'm not worried much about the shape of my belly. But, there's only one thing that I want to enhance-my BUST! Some of my friends tease me that my bust is like a pre-teen girl. I wanted to undergo breast implants. Los Angeles would be the best place for finding a professional cosmetic surgeon because this place is already known for beauty enhancement like breast lift (Los Angeles).