Sunday, June 13, 2010

Athletic Fat Loss

Just put a friend through my new "Football Field Workouts" (using blast straps, power wheel, kettlebells, and more).

Here are a couple of links that will give you more info on athletic fat loss

1) Ferruggia vs Ballantyne interview: Athletic fat loss and 3 days per week training vs four:

=> Jason Ferruggia Athletic Fat Loss Interview

2)
This week's 7-day TT fat loss podcast

=> Jersey Shore Renegade Training & Nutrition

This weekend I've been reading "Delivering Happiness" by Tony Hsieh from @zappos...and so I finally called Zappos for the first time to order shoes. Unfortunately, i need to go to the special canadian site to order...however, the customer service was excellent. The book is great too...and I've quoted Tony on my blog about 4 factors of happiness (scroll down)

=> Bodyweight Exercises & Happiness

Enjoy,

Craig

PS - Today's quote isn't really kick-butt...

...but hopefully it gets you to do something:

"The deepest hunger in all humans is the desire to be appreciated."
William James

So who can you appreciate today?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kardena's meal plan looks great but.....Not everyone can afford to buy organic products.When is enough,enough? First it's eat fruits and veggies,and then it's make sure they're organic.I do however make sure that i buy Grass-fed beef and free-range chicken.When i started TT i wore size 33 jeans/shorts,now i wear a size 30(almost 28).I totally support the TT diet and exercises! Craig's nutrition advice and videos are priceless,and will change your body in a matter of weeks if you stick with it.

Anonymous said...

ANYONE who is interested in TT and eating healthy should check out Gregg Avedon's Muscle Chow book.Don't let the title mislead you,there are some amazing recipes in this book,along with alot of really helpful knowledge about diet and weightloss,along with those that would like to gain muscle.

Mama Lisa said...

I read your interview with Jay F. last night. I decided to try hill sprinting today instead of my usual stairmill interval w/o. Holy cow. I loved every sweaty moment! I am hooked!! THANKS CRAIG for all the awesome workouts and suggestions! You help me out in so many ways!

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

Anon #1 - Congrats on your success, and keep up the great work!

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

Anon 2 - Thanks for the resource!

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

@lisa - thank you so much for the feedback and kind words, greatly appreciated.

Anonymous said...

I wrote the Anon 1&2,but i also have to add that i've got my room-mate into TT work-outs,just trying to get him to stop doing lousy crunches.I challenged him to a bet that within a month i would lose more weight while also gaining more muscle using TT compared to his work-outs,He wouldn't do it! LOL.I've stuck with every nutrition tip mentioned by Craig to a T! Love the Peanutbutter,blueberries and pecans mix! Another thing people should know is that certain veggies(like Asparagus) are diuretics and will remove water between the skin and muscle,giving a more "ripped" look.

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

Interesting about the asparagus!