Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Winner of TT Interval Contest

So every Monday I'll be running a contest on my Turbulence Training Fanpage.

Yesterday we started by giving away a Gym Boss Interval Timer to the person who posted the "best interval workout". The winner was Adam Lamber, who wrote:

"Dynamic bodyweight warm up for 5 minutes. (squats, lunges with a twist, step overs, duck unders, planks, butt kicks, some jumps, push ups, and a few stick ups) easy paced jumping rope for 2-3 minutes 10-12 Hill sprints. Max sprint uphill ~30 yards, walk back 2x length of sprint for recovery. Repeat 8-12 times. Cool down. More walking, light stretching, hydration, and some sunshine!"

Next week's topic will probably be nutrition related, and so will the prize. Hope you join me for it here:

=> http://www.TurbulenceTrainingFanpage.com

Today's workout for me was just a few ab exercises that I was trying out for a new program, and then I ran around in the park with the dog. Not a real "training" day. The ab circuit was:

1) Plank with Triceps Extension (found this in the latest Men's Fitness magazine)

2) Hanging Leg Raises

3) Side Plank

Blender drink: 1 banana, 1 kiwi (again, the fruit, not a new zealander), frozen strawberries, spinach, almond milk, flax oil. I'm full.

And today's kick-butt mindset tip is:

"People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."
Maya Angelou

I guess it's not really a fat loss tip, but just a good tip for living...something I need to focus on a little more because I tend to be a little brief in some of my conversations with people. But anyways, those are very powerful words to live by everyday.

Have a great day,

Craig

PS - Just in case any TT Fans have missed this...

...Get your FREE bodyweight workout here (note: it is ADVANCED):

=> http://www.TTGauntlet.com/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Craig
You've written about Kiva before...would you be willing to take a look at this organization, MANA international? Their goal is to provide a 4-6 week regimine of simple peanut butter sandwiches (with a specially manufactured kind of PB) to malnourished children in Africa, specifically Rwanda right now. Talk about nutritional needs.
They have a Facebook page where you can learn more. This is a couple of guys I know personally.

www.facebook.com/ManaNutrition?ref=ts

and an article showing how they got started with some background...
http://www.allbusiness.com/society-social/social-welfare-disaster/14199116-1.html

Thanks
Jay

F. Belt said...

It’s been proven that men can lose weight more rapidly than women can, which is likely due to our physiological makeup (women are supposed to have more fat than men, because they’re the birthing gender). This isn’t a sexist statement to make – it’s pretty much the truth. As such, females should expect to set separate goals than males – especially if you’re working on losing weight together, side by side.

P. Hentermine said...

I recently started eating right and replaced one meal a day with a healthy shake. The shake I am drinking has all the fruits and vegetables and vitamins that are required for one day. It fills me up and tastes delicious.... I no longer crave fast food and I have the energy back that I had in my teen years....