Thursday, May 13, 2010

Upper Body Workout

Finished 2 dog walks hitting 3 dog parks by 11am today...and the dog still wanted to go for more walks. Had to ship him out to dog camp for the afternoon so I could work.

My upper body workout was:

1) Hang Cleans

2A) Incline Press
2B) DB Row

3) DB 1-Arm Shoulder Press

And then I used the Rings for

4A) Dips
4B) Bodyweight Rows
4C) Bodyweight triceps extensions

During the morning QnA on Facebook, we talked about "Tabata Intervals". A lot of people are misunderstanding them...just because you do something for 20 seconds and then rest for 10 seconds does not mean you are doing Tabatas. I've made the same mistake...

...but a real Tabata requires you to work at 175% of your VO2max for 20 seconds. Doing 20 seconds of leg extensions with 10 seconds of rest is not a Tabata.

And finally, today's Kickbutt mindset tip:

You must create the desire within yourself to make you TAKE ACTION to satisfy your needs and wants. Motivation and inspiration can truly only come from within.

Stay strong,

Craig

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what type of chocolate milk do you drink after working out? I have tried unsweetened chocolate almond milk due to the low sugar content and because I'm lactose intolerant. Would it be OK to drink a sugary Chocolate milk after a workout? Any help would be appreciated

Mike

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

I drink regular chocolate milk

Mike said...

Thanks for the help.

Rambo

Darren@moreprimetime.com said...

Great upper body workout.

I have trouble tiring out my chest so I would do the dips first to pre-exhaust it.

Darren