Friday, April 30, 2010

Dallas Dinner & DB Workout

Down in here in Dallas at a seminar, and I went out to dinner with my friend Carrie Wilkerson last night. She and I went to Bob's Chop & Steak House, and here's what I had:

Asparagus salad, rib-eye steak, giant carrot (didn't expect that to show up on my plate), 3/4 of a side order of broccoli (and if you've ever been to one of those steakhouses, you know that is a lot of broccoli), and a baked potato. Also had some bread, a Heineken, and a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon.

Definitely not my usual meal...but I'm not in Texas every day, either.

Used that meal to build my body and power a great workout this morning...the hotel gym at the Sheraton in Dallas is the biggest hotel gym I've ever been in...100 pound dumbbells too. Needed those for DB Rows.

Todays 5:45am workout:

1A) db reverse lunge
1B) 1-leg ball curl
1C) plank

2A) db row
2B) db 1-arm shoulder press
2C) 1-leg reaching lunge

I also noticed too many people doing "bench dips" in the gym...here's why you need to STOP doing them:

=> Triceps Bench Dips are bad, enkay?

Back to nutrition...as I mentioned, that's not my regular meal...I rarely eat meat. In fact, I eat more like my friend, Jon Hinds.

Here's a great "grocery store vegan" interview with Jon Hinds - super cool dude and I agree with so much of his SIMPLE nutrition philosophy - and YES, even meat eaters will get a lot of great ideas here...its not about meat being right or wrong, its about making nutrition as simple and as healthy as possible

=> http://monkeybargym.com/grocery-store-vegan-interview.html

And finally, I'll leave you with today's kick butt mindset tip:

The best fat loss workout in the world is useless without implementation. All the planning in the world is no good if you don't follow through. Become a robotic action taker. Just get it done. Even if you don't feel like it, just get started...go through the warmup, chances are you'll do the whole workout and you'll feel amazing after.

Get strong, stay strong, be strong,

Craig

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw that big carrot and new you went to Bob's before I read the article.