Friday, December 04, 2009

Workouts, Sugar, and Chinups

Got back into Toronto about 9:30pm last night...was in Chicago for 2 days, and I flew on Porter Air out of Toronto for the first time...it was a great experience, and you just don't hear that about airlines much these days, but I give it the thumbs up.

When I got home, I made a blender drink of 1 banana, frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, frozen spinach, walnuts, almond butter, and almond milk. Had one of those for breakfast too.

But then on Facebook we started a good conversation on how to cut out sugar in your diet...

Please share your tips.

I suggested

1) Choose fruit in place of sweets.

2) Keep the sweets out of the house.

3) Put in routines to replace sweets binging (i.e. go for a walk instead, chew sugar-free gum etc.).

4) Change your mindset so that you are now, "not the kind the person that binges on sweets". Read Psycho-Cybernetics for more details on changing your mindset.

What else did I miss?

After that, I hit the gym in the AM for today's workout:

1A) push press
1B) medium grip pullups

2A) 1-arm bodyweight row
2B) pushups

3) db rows

4) some arm exercises for fun.

It was a quick workout, requiring only 30 minutes or so.

Now for a couple of good resources:

Article #1: How to improve your chin-ups by Jason Farueggia

=> How to do more Chin-ups

And

Article #2: Tony Horton's 4-letter word for fat loss

=> http://www.ttfatloss.com/fat-loss/horton-fat-loss/

Looking forward to your tips,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chin up link not working.

Aizan Suhaira said...

I concur.

andrewjameslowry said...

link did not work for me either

Try this one off of Facebook. It worked for me

http://tinyurl.com/yhu63zh