Monday, October 06, 2008

10-Minute Travel Workouts

Yesterday I left for Orlando for a quick overnight trip, and so I woke up at 5am to do a quick 10 minute workout.

Since I travel a lot (over 41 flights this year!) but need to stay fit, I understand you have to plan ahead and make small sacrifices to stick your fat burning plan even if you are a road warrior.

So early Monday morning I did Kettlebell swings - 20 reps for 8 sets with 10-15 seconds of rest between sets. Also did some pushups and stretching. The first couple of sets were tough, but as my body "woke up", each set got more powerful.

This 10 minute workout was exactly what the doctor ordered before going to the airport to wait around for 2 hours before sitting on a 3 hour flight.

If you don't have a treadmill, a kettlebell is a much cheaper alternative and allows you to do fat burning interval training.

I also made sure my nutrition was planned in advance to avoid airport obstacles and temptations. I packed apples, almonds, and cashews for the airport and the plane. Another option for travelers is to use Eat Stop Eat

When I arrived in Orlando, I went to a barbershop for an old-school shave, and then I went out for a business dinner with Celebrity Lawyer Nick Nanton at a Sushi restaurant.

But before dinner, I actually snuck in a workout from 6-minute abs plus 3-minute arms for another 10-minute travel workout.

So no matter how busy your travel schedule, I know there are no excuses for not fitting in a 10-minute workout. You can do it...even if it is just bodyweight exercises in your hotel room.

On Tuesday morning, I'll do another 10-minute session before breakfast, and then get back to Turbulence Training 2K4 on Wednesday at lunchtime.

You can burn a lot of belly fat in only 10 minutes,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Author, Turbulence Training

PS - Here's another 10-minute workout tip...

If you don't have time for a full 20-minute TT resistance training session, just do the first 2 exercises in each workout.

That will take LESS than 10 minutes, and still give you a huge metabolims boost to help you build muscle and burn belly fat.

Get started with the proven TT fat burning workouts AND 6-Minute Abs program here:

==> The FAST Turbulence Training Workouts

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a travel freak and travel a lot... I love to eat and so I put on weight every time I go out... Thanks for the post. Hope this helps me in my next
travel
...

alex said...

Nice post.

https://www.techsite.io/p/1279685