Sunday, June 22, 2008

Little Russia vs. Little Spain vs. Little Italy


After my Saturday kettlebell training - fat loss Russian Style (kettlebell program coming soon to TT!) - I decided to take today off from lifting, and did a couple of long dog walks.

(Note the dog seems thoroughly unimpressed by my Kettlebell prowess...)

And instead of watching the Italy-Spain football match, I decided to walk THROUGH Little Spain and Little Italy in Toronto at game time.


I left my house just after a thunderstorm, and just as the game was entering extra time. I live in "Little Poland" (seriously, you've never seen so many stores offering processed meat on one block) and within in a few minutes, we were through Little Portugal and into "Little Spain". Just one of the neat things about living in multi-cultural Toronto.


By this time, the game was well into extra time, and only a few "ooooohs" and "aaaaahs" were heard as we walked by the crowded patios full of men and women dressed in the Spanish black, red, and yellow.


(Technically, I don't think there's really a Little Spain in Toronto...but definitely a Little Portugal/Little Brasil, that ends where Little Italy starts).


By the time I hit Little Italy, and the even more crowded patios full of papas, mammas, and bambinos clad in blue and white, the game was into penalties. The Italians are much more vocal, and like to honk horns more than the Spanish, so they were making a lot of noise, and just judging by the crowd's reaction, I figured Spain had scored twice and missed once, as had Italy.


I wasn't too far off.


And then suddenly it was over. Just like that. The Italians were dejected. The Spaniards, joyous, but subdued.


We turned around and started back home. A few cars drove by honking and waving Spanish flags, but it was nothing like what would have been if Italy had won. Oh well, they had their day...


Once I got home, I followed my own "plan, shop, and prepare" advice for the weekend, and cut up peppers, broccoli, and cauliflower for the week ahead.


If you haven't done that yet, get on it!


Nutrition is the solution,


Craig


Click HERE to Get Dr. Chris Mohr's Nutrition Guidelines as part of the TT Fat Loss Package

No comments: