Monday, November 26, 2007

You Win Some, You Lose Some

Today, I had to set my alarm for the first time in years, so that I would get up at 5:30am (lose).

I had to get to the airport and fly down to Men's Health headquarters to film some video (win).

Got to the airport, and had to wait in a huge line-up, because the electronic ticket machine wasn't co-operating with me. (lose)

Read a book while in line, because I always prepare ahead. Big lesson here, never go anywhere without reading material. I got through about 50 pages of Napolean Hill's, "Grow Rich with Peace of Mind". (win)

Turns out, the ticket machine wasn't co-operating because my flight was cancelled. (lose)

My other option was to take a transfer through Chicago and get to Allentown at 7:30pm, over 9 hours later than I was expected (lose).

So I called Geordie at Men's Health, and we cancelled the trip for this week. So no sitting around airports all day for me (win). But I have to set the alarm again next week (lose).

Anyways, I grabbed a cab home and took a nap. (win).

Now I get to go and do my regular workouts for today and tomorrow, rather than having to skip them (win).

Next week, unfortunately, I'll be on the road 4 of 5 days (heading to Allentown and Palm Beach, again), but it will be great to see everyone down at Men's Health and then a group of business colleagues in Florida, so next week is definitely a winner.

Now for a little workout update, last week was the first Friday in a long time that I was 've been able to spend at home here in Toronto. In the previous 3 weekends, I was in Palm Beach, Pheonix, and St. Louis! And while it sure would be nice to have a little Florida sunshine here in T.O., there's no place I'd rather be than back in Toronto.

Being at home has also allowed me to get back to my normal Friday workout at the gym, rather than doing some patchwork exercises on the road using the light dumbells in a hotel room. We had a great bench press workout, and now I'm on to Phase 7 of Ferruggia's maximum mass program.

I'll be doing a phone interview with Jay later this week, so if you have any questions you'd like me to ask him, let me know on the www.TTmembers.com forum,

CB

No comments: