Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Fat Burning Workout Questions

Thanks for all of your great questions on fat burning workouts.

Q: I saw an interview with a trainer who said that he trained men and women differently. Is this something a woman should keep in mind when doing TT (substituting certain exercises to avoid a certain look)?

Answer:
In general, I don't recommend too much different between men and women. That said, there are two things I sometimes change for the ladies...

1) A reduced volume. That means only 1 set of 8, rather than 3 sets of 8.

2) Using bodyweight versions of an exercise in place of dumbell

i.e.) Using pushups in place of dumbell chest presses.


Q: With the holiday season approaching I know that the next month or so is going to be very hectic for me. I will be in need to start up a new program soon and am hoping there is one with only 2 days of strength training. I won't have a problem getting in extra cardio and bodyweight circuits, but I don't think I'll be able to make it to the gym for weight training as often, so I want to be able to get it all in 2 sessions. Are there any TT programs you suggest that would fit this schedule?

Answer:
They all do. Just do 2 days instead of 3.

Please don't take this as a "smart aleck" response either, its just that the answer is that simple because strength training is so powerful. You might even find that is enough for you on a regular basis. Have fun!


Q: Two quick questions. After finishing the Intermediate, does it really matter the order after that? Although the original does look slightly easier than the next one in the manual (2K3), it doesn't seem to be by much.

If it would be better to stick with the original, I was thinking about adding at least another superset so I'll have 3 supersets per workout. If that's not a problem, is there anything in particular you'd suggest? I was either thinking of bicep/tricep superset or maybe a chest/back...

Answer:
Yeah, the world won't end if you don't do the rest of the program in order (although I kind of prefer it that way)...so, you have a couple of options.

a) Do the original and add a superset. Maybe mix one exercise that addresses your weak points with one exercise that you really love.

For example, a split squat paired with a dumbell triceps extension.

b) Move on to the Turbulence Training 2K3.

NOTE!

In either case, start week 1 with only 2 rounds of each superset, rather than the full volume. Then full speed ahead in week 2.

No excuses to get fat this holiday season,

CB
Fat burning workouts at home
Click HERE to ask your fat loss questions on the TT Forum

No comments: