Monday, October 29, 2007

The Wrong Way to Burn Holiday Calories

The season of eating too much starts this Wednesday night...how are you going to deal with it?

I despise the fitness advice and "guilt mentality" that occurs at this time of year.

Every article I read talks about, "How much cardio should I do to burn off the calories from Thanksgiving Dinner" or "I ate way too much Halloween candy last night, so I'm punishing myself with an hour on the cardio machines."

Stop! Stop! Stop!

I hate this "break the body down" mindset. I can't stand to hear people talking about "punishing" themselves for the food choices they made last night. It saddens me to think of all the time people waste on the compulsive act of visiting the cardio confessional.

That's not what health, fitness, and good workouts are about.

Too many calories plus a steady diet of slow cardio will only leave you with a "skinny-fat" body. But with resistance training and interval training, you'll use these tools to sculpt your body and increase the calories you burn at rest.

Don't use exercise bulemia to justify binges on high calorie foods.

Think about this...if you rely only on slow cardio to burn off calories, then you'll have no option but to go in everyday to try
and lose weight.

And if you stick to that plan and happen to miss a day of "marathon cardio", chances are you'll be closer to being nominated for the role of "Office Santa" because cardio does nothing for you outside of the actual workout.

On the other hand, the Turbulence Training resistance and interval workouts get your metabolism roaring like a hearty holiday fire. So even while you are stuck at your desk between Christmas parties, your body will still be fighting fat.

Plus, with Turbulence Training, you can build muscle while at the same time as losing fat.

Yes, I know, conservative scientists will tell you gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time is impossible...
 
But a recent study from the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition showed that even men and women over the age of 60 can burn fat and gain muscle at the same time simply by doing strength training.

And that's why I've put together the November 2007 TT workout called, "Gain Muscle & Lose Fat", and released it a few days early.

Because that is one of the great things about the Holiday Season...GIVING stuff away.

When you order Turbulence Training, you'll also get a 3 month TT membership, where you can download the new TT "Gain Muscle & Lose Fat" workout. Plus, if you start Turbulence Training before midnight on October 31st, you'll also get the October TT Bodyweight 500 workout.

So no matter what Halloween, Thanksgiving, or even the earliest of Christmas parties throws at you, the Turbulence Training workouts will help put those calories in the right place. You'll build muscle and burn fat.

Click HERE to get your bonuses before the end of October

TT for life,

Craig Ballantyne, CSCS, MS
Author, Turbulence Training

PS - Change your workouts to beat a fat loss plateau.

"The constant shakeup is amazing. I look forward to my workouts. I feel so much better than I did 6 weeks ago. I had almost given up on fitness as I was becoming very frustrated with my plateaus. I started out at 233 lbs and am already heading for 225 in only a few short weeks. Thank you for developing this truly amazing program and for sharing with the rest of us. It's very refreshing to enjoy working out again!"
Dave Heffernan

"Turbulence Training is AWESOME! I started working out in 2004 first time in gym at 39 yrs. Then I discovered T.T. in 2006 and started receiving unbelievable info on exercises/nutrition. Immediately I started incorporating T.T. in my busy schedule which is improving my strength, definition, flexibility and nutrition. Craig is quick to reply to questions and supportive. My confidence and strength has definitely improved. If I only knew of Turbulence Training in 2004. The gym crowd is really checking me out now."
Kimmie Clark

"I lost 14 pounds this month and the weight is just falling off me. My wife says I now look like when we first met and I still have more to go. I can fit into my old jeans again which is a big deal for me. I just cut back on starches and bread and do your routine 2-3 times a week. I never thought in a million years that just 10-20 minutes of weight training followed by some cardio would get me such steady results. I even cheat a bit on the weekends."
Billy Williams

Click HERE to get started with Turbulence Training

No comments: