Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Friday & Monday Workouts

I trained on Friday in Chicago at the Lakeshort Athletic Club, but didn't do the workout 3 from Phase 2 of Jay Ferruggia's Maximum Mass workouts. ...instead, we did...

1A) Standing DB Shoulder Press (worked up to 80lb dumbells for 5 or 6)
1B) Hammer Strength Lat Pulldown Machine (3 sets, finishing with a dropset)

2A) DB Chest Press (worked up to 100x13 reps)
2B) Seated Row (I think we did 1 set to failure for 25 reps at a pretty good weight - group competition styles - where the last guy always wins of course)

3A) Biceps
3B) Triceps

Fun workout.

At one point this weekend I was a bleacher creature at a cubs game. However, baseball is an extremely boring sport to watch, and we left after 5 innings. Then again, I can't stay at a leaf game for more than a period and a half. And you couldn't pay me to go to a raptors game. Watching pro sports just isn't that exciting when you are older than most players.

Anyways, back to training today - I did some light squats, leg curls, triceps and biceps, because I overdid it on Friday during the highly competitive workout and my back was beat up from walking around too much on the weekend...so today was not part of Ferruggia's program. I will start that up again tomorrow or Friday. I will probably spend 4 weeks on this phase of Jay's program just because I basically lost a week due to this trip.

Still eating though,

CB
home workouts for fat loss

No comments: