Saturday, March 03, 2007

Saturday Workout & Books I'm Reading

Today was an exercise day, not a training day. I'm going to talk about that a bit more in the future, but you might understand what i mean just by reading those 2 words.

You should exercise every day.

You should train 3 days per week.

Exercise if for health.

Training is for changing your body, getting stronger, burning fat, and building muscle.

More on that later.

So today, I did an exercise session. I did a bunch of curls, chinups, pushups, spiderman exercises, and some intervals. Just to get moving, mobile, and sweaty.

I even re-read part of a book on a bike twice this week. Haven't done that in a long time, but I might read on the bike more often - since I'm already reading a lot anyway, I could do it on the couch or the bike.

Earlier this week I re-read "Lucrative List Building" by Glen Hopkins. Its for internet entrepreneurs.

Today I re-read half of "Never Eat Alone" by Kevin Ferrazzi. Every business person could benefit from this networking book. It's a simple read, shows you some good steps on making contacts. It's a little self-indulgent at times, and longer than it needed to be, but still worth the price of admission.

I also recently read "Primal Branding" by Patrick Hanlon. Good for marketers and advertisers, and anyone interested in the brand-building stories of major companies. You'll understand Starbucks and Nike and Dell better with this book. It's far too long, and really could have made a better 4-page essay in a magazine, but again, its worth the price of admission.

The last book I'm reading is Robert Allen's "Multiple Streams of Internet Income". This is helping me create a presentation for personal trainers that Im giving in Chicago on Sunday, March 18th. In Elk Grove, to be specific. Clearly, its a book best suited for internet entrepreneurs.

And hopefully I'll start reading "Blue Ocean Strategy" this weekend.

Finally, I'm ordering 3 books from Amazon today:

Anatomy of a Buzz – Emmanuel Rosen

Jeffrey Lant – How to make money selling info

Caldini - The Power of Persuasion

Good books if you are in the marketing industry or if you are an entrepreneur,

CB

No comments: