Thursday, March 15, 2007

Are You Over the Hill?

What's "old" to you? Are you old? Have you given up thoughts of improving your health and fitness?

I hope not.

I debated this recently with a friend, who is only 28. He felt like his best physical years had past.

I disagreed. Strongly. I mean c'mon, "over the hill at 28?". Please. (And I've even had guys as young as 23 (!) email me and wonder if their best days are gone.)

Every month I get an email from a male reader, usually under 35 years of age, that wonders if he can still gain muscle and lose fat.

I just can't believe it when I get these emails. 

Fortunately, the female Turbulence Trainers are too sensible to ask that kind of crap. Instead, they just want to know how they can get more fit, not "if" they can get more fit. That's the only attitude you can take.

Personally, I feel as strong, fit, and athletic as I did 10 years ago. And I owe it all to better nutrition, smarter workouts, getting stronger, and living better with a simpler lifestyle.

Paul Chek, a leader and inspiration in the fitness world, recently said, "I'm a 44 year old who can run as fast as he did in high school football. I can lift more weight than I ever have in my life. I can outperform almost every single professional athlete in the gym that I've ever conditioned - and that's a lot of them."

How good can you be?

Tom Venuto, another leader in the fitness world helped develop Fit Over 40, a website showcasing some of the most amazing transformations I've ever seen, and all are of men and women over the age of 40. They've got men and women that still compete in bodybuilding at the age of 70 or 80, to go along with dozens of incredible fat loss success stories.

Whether or not you think the physical prime of your life has past, it doesn't matter. There's only one thing you should do...and that's try to get healthier and fitter everyday.

For beginners, take small baby steps everyday and develop healthy, lifelong habits. As a 30 year old male, I expect to live at least another 70 years. And I plan on being as active, as strong, and as sharp as I can be.

I hope that you'll join me in living the Turbulence Training Lifestyle. The TT lifestyle is grounded in the basics of human health:

  • Smart, intense exercise done several times per week, while allowing for 4 days per week of unstructured activity - so that you can spend time in other activities that you love & reduce stress (yoga, family play time, dog walking, etc.)
  • Eating whole, natural, organic foods - lean protein sources, nuts, fruits, & vegetables
  • Paying attention to rest & recovery
  • And keeping a positive, low-stress attitude at all times.

To your health, and to being as fit as you can be at any age,

CB

P.S. TT is the fountain of youth...

If you want to boost your energy, burn some fat, get lean, and get a wonderfully invigorating workout, start with the 10-Minute March Workout program.

These ten, 10-Minute workouts will awaken your mind and muscles to real, functional movement - not some machine-guided artificial movement that most gyms provide. Machines are the "Office cubicle" of the workout world - free your body with bodyweight exercises.

Click HERE for the March Workout of the Month

"Craig, I just wanted to let you know that the bodyweight programs you have incorporated into our program has had remarkable results. As you know, I had fallen off our regular program due to a family illness. At 44 years of age, I was worried about regaining my strength and burning off the bodyfat I gained during a period of inactivity. It was discouraging at first until you included a bodyweight workout. It has been the perfect solution. The bodyweight circuit burns more fat than any prior cardio workout I have ever done.It has also helped me to regain my strength in a very short period of time. The execises are very difficult and challenging but worth the effort. The results I have seen after 3 weeks is the kind I was expecting to see after 8 weeks. I would highly recommend your program for anyone looking to burn off bodyfat while gaining strength."

Bobby Logan

Click HERE to become a TT Member & get access to the March Workout

(And don't forget the video HERE)

1 comment:

Charlie said...

Over the hill?!?!?! Not just "No," but...HECK NO!

I'm 46, and if you'd have looked up "sedentary lifestyle, heart attack waiting to happen" in the dictionary, you would have found my picture...15 months ago! I've since lost almost 90 pounds and i'm developing real lean muscle! I'm in the best shape - by far! - that I've been in my whole life!

Over the hill? Not even close!

Thanks Craig for the tips and encouragement...

(BTW, that profile pic is a BEFORE pic...still waiting on a new AFTER one!)