Thursday, February 15, 2007

Fat Loss Memberships...

Ok, I'm offering the discounted TT membership again.

Why?

Well, while on my trip down-under I received a flood of email from previous customers that were not able to meet the January TTmembers.com deadline for their discounted membership...so I'm going to make the offer for the next 4 days, as well.

But I promise you, Sunday, Feb. 18th, at midnight is the absolute last time for members to join at the previous customer discounted rate.

So if you've ever bought a TT program from me, and you want to become a subscriber to www.TTmembers.com, reply to this email and ask for your discount link.

Previous customers save 50 bucks and get a 1-year Platinum membership for only $97.
Previous members, who might have let their memberships expire, can renew for $77.

Deadline: Sunday, Feb. 18th, midnight, EST. No exceptions.

Now to your questions...

Q: I have a concern about excess skin and love handles. I'm concerned that these problem areas won't go away. I'm afraid that I'll just have loose saggy skin once I lose more weight. Any suggestion about how to take care of this problem? I know doing endless amouns of direct ab work won't help. Would extra focus on intervals and less focus on weight training help?

Answer:

This is, unfortunately, not easy to overcome. There are no magic creams, no magic potions, nor any magic exercises that will avoid this. When you lose fat, it is lost faster than the skin can adapt...although eventually it should recede to your new body shape. Your nutrition is the most important factor in your fat loss.

Without knowing exactly what you eat in every meal, it is tough to help you further.

If it's nearly perfect, then we can look at advanced fat loss training methods.


Q: I am a runner and looking primarily to build core strength - obviously including stronger abs. I am also looking to lose 15-20 lbs from 210 to 190 -195. What TT program do you offer that might work the best?

Answer:
The 6-month bodyweight package is best for you, as it will give you a year's worth of training for fat loss (including the bonus programs that come with it) and for training the under-trained muscles that are common in runners.

Click HERE to get the 6-month Bodyweight Manual

It comes with my main TT for Fat Loss manual as a secret bonus. Well, I guess that is not a secret anymore...

You will benefit from the bodyweight movements b/c they are multi-planer whereas running is linear and likely causing you overuse trauma. And the workouts contain the right kind of ab training for runners...not the "hundreds of crunches" approach that will only ruin your back.
You will be a fit, lean, mobile athlete again with these workouts.

Thanks for your interest.

Your alternative is to simply get the TT for Fat Loss manual here:
http://www.turbulencetraining.com/

It covers the fat loss and you do get quite a few bodyweight exercises in those workouts to help your mobility.

Both are great options.

Good luck and let me know how things go.


Q: I've been pretty sedentary for 2 years and I'm just starting to exercise again. I'm 5'6", I weigh 165 lbs and my body fat percentage is high. What is the best way to get started losing fat?
I've been told by the owner of my health club that I should do cardio for an hour each day six days a week for the first month without resistance training to get a jump start on losing fat and then start weight training after that.

But I've also read that building muscle is key to increasing my metabolism and losing fat. Which is right?


Answer: (I answered this for Oxygen magazine)
At this stage, your nutrition is going to have the greatest impact on your results. So you must focus your energy there.

Once you have that in place, I recommend a total-body, bodyweight circuit using beginner exercises. I choose this over cardio because at an hour a week, you are going to end up with overuse injuries in about 7-14 days.

So combine the nutrition with a 20-30 minute routine of beginner bodyweight exercises and a conservative amount of cardio to help you get off to a good start.

Start right, finish fitter faster,

CB

P.S. Special Announcement...
If you've ever bought a TT program from me, and you want to become a subscriber to TTMembers, reply to this email and ask for your discount link.

Previous customers save 50 bucks and get a 1-year Platinum membership for only $97.
Previous members, who might have let their memberships expire, can renew for $77.

Deadline: Sunday, Feb. 18th, midnight, EST. No exceptions.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi - the email address is not in the post.

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

please try:

cb @ cbathletics.com

Thanks!