Monday, October 16, 2006

New workout, new start

Today I began my workout oddysey at a new gym that is free from bosu-ballers, ellipticals, trainers that insist on gossiping to clients as the lift, and other junk.

I have also moved to a 3-day per week schedule. Total body workouts woith a rotating training emphasis - this is based on Joe kenn's tier training system.

I'll be training in downtown toronto at Dynamic Conditioning Center. They have lots of cool toys although I won't be using most of them...but check out there site.

http://www.dccentres.ca/

http://www.dccentres.ca/HTML/Centre/gallery.htm

I will be using their Olympic bumper plates for cleans, which is great. Also they have a good set-up for deadlifting and rack pulls.

Today went as follows...a little conservative because I did not squat last week.

1) Medium stance squat (3x6)

2a) Good Morning (3x8)
2b) neutral grip chin (3x12)

3a) Db press (3x12)
3b) weighted Stability Ball Crunch (3x15)

Cb

workout

6 comments:

Tim O'Hara said...

I think I am in love with that gym. That one deffinatly puts all those franchise clubs to shame!

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

Yeah, you would like it there. Same with www.sstcanada.com in Burlington.

CB

Anonymous said...

Looks pretty cool. But, hey, what's that blue thing there:

http://www.dccentres.ca/HTML/Centre/gallery.htm

:)

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

The balls are fine, you can do some ab stuff and leg curls - which are good in some cases. Even i use the ball.

The thing i refuse to do is stand on a bosu ball...and there were none there...that i saw.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm just razzing you, Craig. I just thought it was funny when I came across a photo with a Bosu. It's the very middle thumbnail in the top row.

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

I swear, i didn't see it when i was working out!

cb