Friday, October 13, 2006

Kettlebell Turbulence Training Workout

My buddy lent me his kettlebell today. One of the 53 pounders or whatever it is.

Just went through a little kettlebell TT.

Some 2 handed swings, kettlebell rows, 2 hand high pulls, one arm swings, and some kettlebell sidebends.

The swings work the abs hard in deceleration, and the sidebends were great, less awkward than using a dumbbell. I think some kettlebell work will help for a while to build some ab strength for my squats and deadlfts.

The swings also allow for a good hip motion. I'll spend a few weeks/months working with these and put together a TT Kettlebell workout for early next year...that is, if there is interest. Let me know.

CB

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very pimp new october workout. works perfectly for my home equipment. thanks

Craig Ballantyne, CTT, Certified Turbulence Trainer said...

no problem. that was the goal, allow people a good workout with minimal inconvenience.

cb