Saturday, September 30, 2006

When You Don't Want to Workout

Feel Like Skipping Your Fat Loss Workout

From Jon Benson's Fit Over 40 newsletter

When You Don't Feel Like GoingTo The Gym...Do This
------------------------------------------------------
A lot of people probably think I go to the gymon auto-pilot. This is not always the case.

In fact, tonight was a prime example of...(see if you can relate)-- Had every intention of working out in the early afternoon (when I usually train)-- Got caught up in work mode-- Ended up not eating my meal on time... and workout time turned into chow time-- The hours crept on by until it was...you guessed it...dinner time-- "Can't train this late" ran through my mindIt was almost a workout aborted.

One ofthese is no big deal...but one turns into two,which can turn into dozens.That's a big deal.So, here's what I did -- despite the fact thatI really do 'not' like to workout at night...especially legs.

I used "secret weapon number 1" -- I toldmyself, "Okay, Jon...just do a 'sissy workout'.Just enough to say you did something. Don't even TRY to train hard!"All of a sudden, the gym became...shallwe say..."easier to find."At first, I did just what I told myself -- keptit really light.

Then, sure enough, after theinitial warm-ups and so-forth, the iron bugbit me. I wanted more.I ended up breaking a personal best in a new movement I'm using.I then did used the same trick for my post-workout walk. "Just up to the end of thestreet and back...enough to say I did it."I walked much further...gladly.

The secret is two-fold. First, use your mind to your advantage. In a way, this is typical 'reverse psychology.' Once you tell yourself, "I'm only going todo X", then "XX" becomes a bonus. "X"is still acceptable, so either way you come out ahead.Second, the majority of the time when you do not 'feel' like workout out, you'rereally feeling something else.

Distracted, busy, lethargic...it really doesnot have much to do with your actual workout session.

Go with it -- tell yourself you'll do a "busyperson's workout"...and watch whathappens.Chances are you'll find your groove, andthen do the "human" thing -- rebel againstyour own plan. "I'll show ME!"

It's kinda funny, but believe it -- this willsave you dozens and dozens of missedworkouts in the year.You may even get a personal best or two.Now, I bet you want to know more of these"secret weapons".

Well, my book is full ofthem.And, right now, you can get five FREEEe-books along with my e-book, all for thesame price. These are bonus e-books that are only found on my website.

Go see FIT OVER 40

Remember, all you have to do is tell yourself that you're going to do "something".Heck, I've even said to myself, "Look, I'lljust drive to the gym and look around!"Seriously -- this works. Chances are youwill get to the gym, look around, decide to "pick up something" while you're there...and the next thing you know...

personal best!


Check out Jon's site here: Fit over 40

CB


fat loss workout, workout, exercise

No comments: